6.07.2012

Pizza Bagel Thins


What kid doesn't love pizza? Especially pizza...on a bagel. Maybe not the most sophisticated of meals, but it's a quick, easy lunch and it's very kid friendly. This is always a hit with my kiddo...and I'd be lying if I didn't say I sometimes make extra with some veggies just in case I get hungry ;)




First, gather your ingredients (it's pretty complicated, y'all):



What you'll need:
2 Bagels, Sliced (we use Bagel Thins to keep it a little healthier)
4 Tablespoons jarred Pizza sauce (or if you like it fancy, you could make your own ahead of time.)
1/2 Cup Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese 
Mini Pepperoni (I used 16 slices per bagel half, 32 slices total)
Sprinkle of Dried Parsley and/or Basil 

Preparation: 

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Separate your bagel halves. On each half, spread 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce.    Distribute 1/2 cup of cheese in equal amounts over each pizza bagel half. Sprinkle dried parsley and/or basil on each pizza half. Top with mini pepperoni - a smiley face is design is always a hit. :) 

Place bagel halves on a cookie sheet greased with Pam and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until bagels are crisp and cheese is bubbly. 

Servings: 2
Serving Size: 2 bagel halves
Nutritional Information* (per serving):
Calories: 235   Fat: 9g  Protein: 13g  Carbs: 27g  Sugar: 4g  


*Nutritional information is based on exact measurements above. Results will vary if the recipe is altered.



1 comment:

  1. I agree. Thins are better than regular bagels. For the record, I have been in love with thins since I turned 14. These bagel pizzas you made are just perfect! Those mini pepperonis look amazing in thins. Just like you, I do slip in some veggies for the adults each time I make some. Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete